Monday, May 9, 2011

Check list much?!?!

So with this upcoming surgery I am trying to get as much done as possible so that I can just recover and not worry. I also want Joe, my parent's, and neighbors(yes, we have GREAT ones!) to feel like they can walk in and just focus on TJ and nothing else. I have made a huge check list of what I want done and it is getting smaller...phew!

Today I did a HUGE grocery shopping trip so that we are fully stocked. Joe and I cleaned a bit this weekend and I did more today. I also cut up a ton of the fruit that I bought and put them in individual serving size containers so that anyone can just take 1 out and give it to TJ as a snack or for breakfast with yogurt/cereal/bagels. It gives me something to take my mind off the second half of this week and prepares for the help that we will have. I know that everyone coming into our home is perfectly capable of doing things like cutting fruit or making meals but it just makes it that much easier on everyone. Tomorrow I will be doing the laundry that we have, running a few more errands, and making a few phone calls. I also have a few things to keep TJ busy with others like puzzles, books, and toys that are all new so he will be excited to have them.

I just keep thinking of all the little things that will make life easier and hopefully they will all get done. I really hope that all the preparation helps out anyone that is ready and willing to help care for TJ and I.

Any suggestions on what you might do to prepare? It isn't a super invasive procedure and I should be feeling better by the weekend but I won't be able to really care for TJ on my own for about a week.

4 comments:

  1. No suggestions but I think all that is great! I so wish we had the gas money to come over and help out!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you survive!
    I hope everyone is super helpful in helping you recover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No suggestions this early in the morning...lol....but sounds like you have things well in hand. Thanks for stopping by Yankee Texan Mom. Now following you back and looking forward to it!
    Yankee Texan Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! The first 2 days were great, day 3 was NOT, today(day 4) I am feeling pretty good again. Phew!!! Thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete