Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not sure...

what to blog about! I just know that I haven't blogged in a little while and I should post something. Hhhhmmmm I guess I will just talk about random things going on with us. We are QUICKLY approaching the 1 year mark of meeting TJ which is CRAZY!!!! We met him last year during a Memorial Day party so this next weekend is a year. SO much has changed in a year obviously! WE HAVE A SON!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?!?!? Last year at this time we had NO idea that our son even existed and now well now he is our whole world! I could go on and on about this past year but let's face it it would end up being a novel so I will spare you all. For now anyway...after next weekend there will be a million pictures and stories!

Bailey is almost done with school for the year and so we have a few fun things planned for the summer. We are trying to plan a trip with us, my parent's, and Bailey to my dad's hometown which is ALWAYS a great time!!! Bailey is beyond excited and so am I! They live on a lake in a SMALL Minnesota town so it is just relaxing to be there.

As for Joe he is busy with work as always but we find time for fun and family nonetheless! Thank goodness his company likes their employees to have a good work life balance!!!! We try to spend 1 on 1 time with each kiddo whenever possible. Even if it means Joe taking Bailey to the DQ drive-thru alone or him taking TJ to the grocery store or me taking Bailey to get a cupcake at the bakery. I now realize balance isn't always easy in life especially when it comes to the kiddos because you NEVER want anyone to feel like 1 has more then the other.

As for me well I had my surgery. It went well and I am healing. What didn't go well?!?!? While they were in there they found 2 huge hernia's. One on each side of my stomach. They have no clue how/when they formed as 2 years ago when I had surgery with the same obgyn surgeon they were NOT there. There are a few ideas but nothing concrete. The bottomline is they have both perforated my ab muscles(yes, they are there somewhere!) and I need a 2nd surgery. The first thing I said to Joe in recovery was, "how did it go?". His answer plain and simple, "You need a 2nd surgery for 2 huge hernia's.". NOT the way to come out of surgery. :o( Such is life though and I can't control this at all. They wanted to do it this coming week...ASAP basically. However, we have a VERY important anniversary to celebrate next weekend(the 1 year) so I am waiting until the following week.

That is a little bit about what is going on these days at our house. I guess I had a lot more going on then I originally thought!!! I totally could have made each update into it's own titled post. The great thing is that all in all we are doing great and I can't complain too much. Yes, even with 2 surgeries in this post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment