Thursday, December 25, 2008

WARNING: Christmas picture overload!!!

Checking it out!
Beautiful Dahling!

THE Kegerator!

Grandpa's mini-kegs

Taking a break with Costco

YAY Mr. Potato Head!

One of Joe's present with a fav pic in it

Bailey helping Grandma open her gift

Bailey helping Grandpa open his gift

Handy Manny!!!

Opening her 1st gift at Grandma and Grandpa's

Talking on the Elmo's World phone

Using her "big" gift as an art table

Bailey opening her Elmo outfit!

Bailey giving out hugs! I LOVE HER!!!

Opening a Mickey Mouse Kareokee book

My totally awesome set of pots and pans!

Joe with his XM MP3 Player Car Conversion Kit

The "big" gift as an easel

Bailey's "big" gift

Opening the Car Kit

An Elmo's World Phone!


Tadoodles are exciting!

Enjoying a little Elmo Christmas music































Bailey Opening her 1st present!


Gosh, how to explain Christmas with a child in the family is pretty much impossible!!! I think had no one gotten anything but to see the joy on her face we would have all been happy! Last year was fun because it was Bailey's 1st Christmas but this was the 1st year that she somewhat understood and could enjoy what was going on so it far exceeded that 1st one. While she doesn't get why we were all getting presents, the Fisher-Price Nativity Set that she LOVES, the Baby Jesus who she knows but doesn't know what he really stands for, and all else that went on she still completely understood the joy of the day! The looks of surprise and joyous laughter that came from her were the best present I could have ever gotten! I cherished every minute that we had today just being together.

As far as presents, man I was blessed this year in more then just material items. I have such an amazing husband, parents, sisters, in-laws, friends, and of course, niece! Even in the tough times that our world is seeing I can say that I am beyond taken care of and couldn't ask for anything more. Okay, maybe 1 more thing but with faith and patience that 1 thing will come!!! ;) We are all healthy, thriving, and will end the year just as blessed as ever!

Okay, on to the material things that pale in comparison to the above but are still just as fun! For Bailey her main gifts were an easel/art table, Sleeping Beauty vanity, and a Handy Manny tool box in which all the tools move up and down and they sign the "Jump Up" song. She got a lot of stuff for her easel/arts table, Elmo stuff, and a huge Mr. Potato Head set. My dad's big gift was a mini-kegerator that are all the rage this year and is very neat looking! Of course, him and Joe already "tapped" into it to break it in! He also got quite a few small gifts such as a Costco membership, Whiskey Stones(http://www.teroforma.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=00331!VTSOA), a wine set, and more. Joe's big gift was the XM radio car conversion kit for his XM MP3 player. He also got The Ultimate Car Kit, Whiskey Stones, a Texas Tech frame(with a pic of him and Bailey in it), a camera case, and more. My mom's big gift was a gift card from my dad. She also got the Ziploc Food Vaccum(she wanted it!), a cool beach sign, a Ralph Lauren sweater, and more. As for me my big gift was a new set of gorgeous, durable pots and pans! I know lame to most people as Jackie pointed out but to me a gift I will cherish for a long time! I also got a Barnes and Noble giftcard, movie tickets and a promise from Joe to see Twilight, a clip-on LED light for books/lap-top, and more! See, I told you we were all very good and lucky this year!!!

My heart was full but we were missing many family members that couldn't make it home and that was VERY hard for Joe, my parents, and me. I know that we spoke to them over the phone many times through-out the day but it just isn't the same as hugging them and sharing in the enjoyment of the day. Christmas is about celebrating our greatest gift with family and friends and for us we were lacking in that area a bit. I hope that they all know that we were thinking about them and feel blessed to have them in our lives even if we couldn't spend the holidays with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment